The 2020 edition of the conference discuss and analyze the status of the market for natural refrigerants-based technologies and opportunities in the fast-growing market of Japan where competition is increasing.
Key discussion points in this year's conference will include:
Policy and Regulatory developments
- Upcoming F-gas regulation revision: After 5 years, Japan's F-Gas Law is planned to be reviewed, with the process starting in 2020. The revision represents an opportunity to address the lack of ambition in some aspects in comparison to F-Gas regulation in Europe.
- The IEC vote and ongoing HC risk assessment are affecting the hydrocarbons market as it expands from the light commercial sector into a wider range of applications in commercial refrigeration.
- Ongoing subsidies by the Japanese Ministry of the Environment continue to drive the market for NatRefs in commercial and industrial refrigeration applications.
- Industrial Refrigeration: Low charge ammonia based solutions are now competing with CO2 TC systems being newly offered by several players.
- Commercial Refrigeration: CO2 TC condensing units have been the traditional NatRef solution for Japanese retailers. Recent years, however, have shown an increased acceptance of hydrocarbon plug-in showcases and in 2019 there was an emergence of a new proposition: R290 water loop systems.
- Light commercial refrigeration & other applications: Japan has always been a strong R&D hub with Kigali bringing a wave of attention and investment into HFC-free solutions. In 2020, we expect to see new technologies harnessing the power of natural refrigerants in new and specialised industries.
Conference programme will include:
- Keynote presentations
- Global and regional policy, regulations and standards
- Technology end user presentations
- Market & technology trends
- Latest innovative technology presentations
- Networking events & more!
February 2020 is THE time to be in Tokyo with other important industry events happening such as:
Conference attendees will include end users, policy makers, manufacturers, researchers, academia, NGOs, associations, media, consultants and other relevant key industry experts & thought leaders!
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON. DRAFT PROGRAMME WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE COMING WEEKS.